Saturday 23rd October 2021
Riverside EpiCenter: 135 Riverside Parkway, Austell, United States
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are so excited to celebrate and support the resilient women and men that fight or have fought against breast cancer each day. This year, an estimated 325,000 women and 2,600 men will be newly diagnosed with some form of breast cancer. Unfortunately, an estimated 43,000 people will lose their fight to breast cancer. With the support of amazing people like you, there are over 6 million survivors and thrivers around the world.
Ms. Basketball's mother is one of those blessed individuals still here to tell her story. This 5K event is to honor and celebrate the millions of women and men around the world affected by breast cancer each year, including her mother! This event is to also celebrate the individuals that fight alongside these women and men everyday as part of a much needed support system.
Proceeds will be donated to breast cancer foundation, The Survivor's Nest.
Event Date: Saturday, October 23, 2021
Registration: 7:00a (Must have Photo ID; Registration ends at 8:15a)
Pre-Race Ceremony: 8:15a
Race Begins: 9:00a Staggered start times for Timed 5K runners and 5K/3K Fun Run participants
Post-Race Ceremony: ~10:30a
Course Info- 5K/3K begins at Riverside EpiCenter down Riverside Drive to Troon Circle and back. The 3K race will have a different turnaround point.
Awards: Top Male & Female in the following age categories: 14-Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over
Parking: Parking will be located at the EpiCenter and across the street at WOF Church is necessary
According to the CDC, activities are safer when
As a courtesy to all participants, staff members, and vendors, we will enforce safety protocols to provide a great guest experience. If you are sick with or tested positive for COVID-19, were recently exposed (within 14 days) to someone with COVID-19, or just don’t feel well, please stay home. We are extremely excited to host this community event and if everyone does their part, this can be both a safe and fun event! Please take a moment to look over our safety protocols:
1. Due to the large amount of outdoor space, social distancing will be strongly encouraged. Max: 250 participants
2. Wearing masks is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED regardless of vaccination status when NOT participating in the race.
3. Each person in attendance will undergo a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature over 99.9 degrees will not be admitted.
4. There will be access to restrooms for handwashing and there will be access to hand sanitizer in multiple locations.
5. Gloves will be available for all participants if desired.
6. This is an out and back route; however, the route will utilize two lanes. The outer lane will be the down route and the inner lane will serve as the return route.
7. There will be staggered start times to avoid large groups of participants running together. Participants that come together may run together.
Parking: Free, On-site
Vendor Shopping: Participants will have the opportunity to vendor shop from 7:00a-12:30p. Vendors will fall within the following categories: Health and Wellness, Hair and Cosmetics, and Breast Cancer-related organization/retailer.
F&B: There will several food vendors available on-site for purchase.
There will be CCPD and certified EMT on-site for medical emergencies.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SportOps Event Management, LLC
2727 Skyview Dr., Unit 723, Unity 723, Lithia Springs