Poverty is a world wide concern but, contrary to common knowledge, also affects thousands of people in North Texas, many of which who live in our own communities. As students of Hebron High School and members of FCCLA, we believe that we can make a difference in these devastating numbers. Hebron’s FCCLA has teamed up with The NET in Fort Worth, a local organization that provides hands on support for people who live in these conditions, to start a 5k in the community. The proceeds from the run will go directly towards The Net and their expenses. The 5k will be an opportunity for anyone to give back to the community, stay healthy, spend time with friends, and gain awareness about poverty in the metroplex. Please join our movement to create equal opportunities in the lives of people.
Event details and schedule
- The event will be held at Hebron High School and we will run through Mustang Park (the route is attached).
- 4207 Plano Pkwy Carrollton, Texas 75010
- Check in will open at 8:15.
- To check in, please bring your confirmation email either on paper or digitally.
- The first heat will be the competitive runners at 9:00am; the second heat will be the leisure runners at 9:15am; and the third heat will be the walkers at 9:30am.
- We recommend arriving at check in about 30 minutes before your heat time and being at the start line about 15 minutes before your heat time.
- You are welcome to stay with us after the event and enjoy some music and a couple vendors.
- There will only be 3 awards given: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall. Because of the small nature of this event, there are not separate age categories. Results will be announced at 10:30
- There will also be a certificate for the best dressed team. To enter your team in this competition, please have all of your members take a picture together at the event and then email the picture and team name to email@example.com. Results will be announced at 10:45.
- Day-of registration is welcomed, but the price will be $5 higher for each category.
- There will be a separate table for day-of registration.
- The weather is predicted to be around the 40s. This is chilly for some people while just fine for others. Please dress to your comfort level.
- Sadly, due to lack of funding and registration, we will not be providing shirts this year. On the bright side, 100% of registration money is going to be a donation!
- There will be people who ding traffic as your arrive. Parking will be available in between the two campuses, by the football field, and in the student parking lot.