Due to weather conditions from Tropical Storm Ian, the October 2, 2022, 8th annual Anne Arundel County Lifeline 100 Bicycle Event has been canceled. The top priority for this event has always been safety, and the likelihood of wet roads, rain, and wind plus possible flooding led to this difficult decision by the event organizers - Anne Arundel County Police, Anne Arundel Recreation and Parks, and Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County (“BikeAAA”). The event has had seven years of sunshine and the organizers hope that will resume next year on October 1, 2023. All preparations had been made for this year’s event including food, supplies, road markings, T-shirts and more than 100 volunteers and over 20 sponsors. T-shirts can still be picked up at the Kinder Farm Park Visitor Center on Saturday 12:00 – 2:00pm or Sunday 10:00am – Noon.
- The Anne Arundel County Lifeline 100 Century Ride offers a great experience for cyclists of all levels with 100, 65, 30 and 15 mile route options as well as a Family Fun ride. These routes wind throughout scenic Anne Arundel County including views of downtown Annapolis, the Severn River, southern Anne Arundel County, BWI/Marshall airport and more!
- The full century ride includes 4 supported rest stops. The metric century or approximately 65 mile ride includes 3 supported rest stops. The 30 mile ride includes 2 supported rest stop. The 15 mile ride includes 1 supported rest stop.
- The 30 and 15 mile rides are on paved trails.
- All riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please click here for mail in registration options.
Event details and schedule
The Anne Arundel County Lifeline 100 Century Ride is co-sponsored by the Anne Arundel County Police Department, Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks, and Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis and Anne Arundel County.
All event proceeds will be used to support the following non-profit organizations:
Each ride will be show and go, starting schedules will be posted soon! Please keep in mind, this is a ride and not a race! The routes include some paved trail segments with posted speed limits. Come out and enjoy the day.
The Family Fun Ride is for children ages 10 and under and their parents/guardians. This event is free. The course is on the paved trails at Kinder Farm Park.
Another FREE Fun event for the kids... once again the Lifeline 100 will host a Children's Bike Rodeo - a fun bicycle safety orientation and obstacle course - for ages 4-10. To register for the Children's Bike Rodeo please visit our website.
Looking for a bigger bang for your buck? Become a sponsor! The 2021 event attracted 1,000 riders, over 50 Kids Bike Rodeo participants, and many more spectators! This is a great opportunity for you and/or your business. For more sponsorship information please visit our website.
Not sure you want to ride on October 2nd, but still want to be a part of this great event? Join us as a volunteer! We need folks to help with everything from parking to registration, set up to clean up. Visit our website for more information on becoming a volunteer.
Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks
1 Harry S Truman Parkway, Annapolis